Saturday, December 13, 2008

Press interview

Just did an interview with the Straits Times and a young Life reporter, Stephanie. Was amazed how much she knew about me. Not just about writing, but about involvement in Parliament and the government's National Environment Agency, even back to university and school days. Glad she did her research but whenever I do an interview I always feel a bit concerned about talking too much about my life, rather than the work at hand -- this novel. Like this blog. I want it to be about my book, but not about me. The more I talk about the book, the more I think it may be controversial. There are people who are all rah-rah about Singapore. This novel is not be for them. A novel should lead people to think. Hope this novel will. But I have to recognize that's one big ambition.

No comments: